Recorder Sub-Links



Recording Info


Military Records


Vital Records

Tax Calculator





Directory of Services

Calhoun EMS

Public Health


Board of Supervisors


Supervisor's Districts

Tax Rates

Census Figures



Calhoun County Courthouse
416 Fourth Street
Rockwell City, IA 50579

Military Records

The Recorder's Office has on permanent record, military discharges that have been presented for recording by the veterans, themselves. There is no charge to record, or obtain a certified copy of a military record.

Military Records are now closed pursuant to the Code of Iowa 331.608(6). Consequently, in order to obtain records, veterans and next-of-kin (next-of-kin are the unremarried widow or widower, son or daughter, father or mother, brother or sister of the deceased veteran) will need proof of relationship.


Having trouble locating your record?

Iowa Veterans may check with the County Recorder in the county of their residence at the time of their discharge to see if they possibly recorded their discharge in that county.

- Or -

For all Military records not recorded in Calhoun County, you may request a copy by using the form provided below, and mailing to:

National Personnel Records Center
(Military Personnel Records)
9700 Page Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100
(314) 801-0800

imageFreedom of Information Act    (FOIA)

imagePrivacy Act
Iowa Land Records Portal

Iowa Courts Online

Iowa Counties

Iowa Assessors

State of Iowa

Secretary of State

U.S. Government Official Site

Calhoun County Recorder
416 Fourth Street, Suite 3
Calhoun County Courthouse
Rockwell City, Iowa 50579
Telephone: (712) 297-8121
Office Hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm

Kathy Jurries: Calhoun County Recorder

Kathy Hiler: Deputy Recorder

Copyright © 2010, Calhoun County Iowa, All Rights Reserved  |  Privacy Policy