A-Z Public Health Directory
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
This page contains an alphabetical listing of topics, divisions, bureaus and programs about Public Health.
- Child Abuse
- Child and Depandant Adult Abuse reporting Hotline 800-352-2178
- Domestic Violence Emergency Sheltering
Crisis 515-573-8000 or 888-356-2006
Domestic/Sexual Assault Outreach Center
Serving Carroll and Calhoun Counties
- Elder Abuse/Nursing Home Abuse https://www.nursinghomeabusecenter.com/
ASSISTED LIVING CENTERS
BACK TO TOP
- Blue Zones-Which areas of the country are healthiest and live the longest? Find out on this site!
CALHOUN COUNTY CITIES
- Farnhamville, Iowa 515-544-3619
- Jolley, Iowa 712-297-5081
- Knierim, Iowa 515-463-2250
- Lake City, Iowa 712-464-3111
- Lohrville, Iowa 712-465-2595
- Manson, Iowa 712-469-3759
- Pomeroy, Iowa 712-468-2411
- Rinard, Iowa 515-570-4186
- Rockwell City, Iowa 712-297-7041
- Somers, Iowa 515-467-5737
- Yetter, Iowa 712-464-7292
CALHOUN COUNTY OFFICES
BACK TO TOP
CHILDREN AND GRIEF
- It is easy to get distracted in our world today but do something to remind yourself that your child is in the car with you. Place a stuffed animal in the seat next to you as a visual reminder that your child is in the back, or leave your purse or breifcase or some item you'll need at your destination in the backseat with the child. It only takes one quick decision-Watch this powerful video.
THE COMMUNITY GUIDE-
The Guide to Community Preventive Services (The Community Guide) is a collection of all the evidence-based findings of the Community Preventive Services Task Force. It can help you make decisions by providing information on community preventive services programs and policies that have been shown to work, and how they may fit the needs of your community.
BACK TO TOP
Those with a * behind them accept Title XIX if their case load allows
- Dr. David Berning
- Dr. Christopher Bogue *
- Dr. Charles Boswell 515-576-5020 * Established patients only
- Iowa Central Dental Hygiene Clinic
- Dr. Chang Yong, 712-464-3124, Lake City*
- Lake City Dental
- Dr. Kalkwarf, Rockwell City, 712-297-7990
- Dr. Erin McWilliams, 712-263-2111, Denison*
- Dr. Fleshner and Beth Nelson 712-792-4375, Tues and Thursday only, pediatric only*
- Dr. Paul Robertson 515-576-6500- * HAWK-I, uninsured and private insurance
- Dr. Robert Ronconi
- Sac City Dental Clinic
- Dr. Sarah Holden, Manson
- University of Iowa 800-777-8442 *
- Community Health Center of Ft Dodge 515-576=6500 *
- Story County Dental Clinic 515-598-5298 Serves medicaid-insured and uninsured low income families
- Are you at risk for diabetes? Take this quiz to find out.
Domestic and Sexual Assault Outreach Center-888-356-2006 (24 hour Crisis Line) or 515-573-8000
- Community Health Center, 126 N 10th St, Fort Dodge, IA 50501, Phone:(515) 576-6500, Hours:Tuesday hours 7:30 am–4:00 pm, www.chcfd.com
BACK TO TOP
DURABLE MEDICAL EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES
When: September 3, 10, 17, 24 and October 1, 9, 15, 22
Time: 10-11:30 am Call 712-297-8323 ex. 238 to sign up.
- For information on well management during floods, click here!
General Relief – The County General Assistance Program is designed to provide temporary assistance to low income families and/or individuals who are not eligible for other forms of assistance. Prior authorization from the General Relief Director must be obtained before obtaining medical assistance. Ongoing cases will be referred to the free medical clinic whenever possible.
General relief is a payer of last resort for medication assistance. Medication assistance programs through Medicare, IPDC Programs, and Prescription Assistance Programs from drug manufactures will be investigated for eligibility.
- Calhoun County General Assistance is located at 515 Court St., Rockwell City , Phone 712-297-5292, Office hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- www.ia-hospitals.com This is a great directory of not only hospitals but local and federal public health agencies and other medical services. You can also find contact information for legislators.
BACK TO TOP
- Fort Dodge Housing Agency, HUD applications-515-573-7751
IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY EXTENSION
- View Calhoun County newsletters and information here
- Dare to Excel newsletters can be seen here. Informative newsletter focusing on helping kids succeed at school.
LOCALLY GROWN FOOD
LONG TERM CARE FACILITIES
BACK TO TOP
- Congregate Meal Site
- Manson Senior Citizens Community Center
- Lake City Senior Citizen
- Pomeroy Congregate Meal Site
Home Delivered Meals
- Durable Medical Equipment and Supplies: Manson Loan Closet 515-571-7504 or 712-469-2255
Announcing the NAMI IOWA Casserole Club (NICC): A new online support group for parents of children with childhood-onset mental illness. This is a Facebook group with the "secret" setting to maintain privacy (only members can see posts or the identity of members). To join, request an e-mail invitation from Tammy at email@example.com (Please say "online support group" in the subject).
- Iowa Plan Crisis Line 800-317-3738 or TTY 800-787-1730
- www.daveramsey.com Find out how to manage your money, make a budget, save for retirment and much more with Financial Peace University Classes. Held all over the state.
- www.feedthepig.org This is a great site to start with finding resources on money management and saving.
- www.adaptu.com A site that focuses on online money management, including a phone app.
- www.mint.com A site that focuses on online and electronic money management.
New Opportunities, Carroll, IA
BACK TO TOP
OPTOMETRISTS- See Vision below
PERSONAL EMERGENCY RESPONSE
PET LOSS SUPPORT
- Community Pharmacy-Lake City 464-7281, Rockwell City 297-7337
- Harris Drug 464-3165
- Woodlawn Pharmacy 464-8811
- Medicap Pharmacy 469-2214
- House of Mercy-Residential Program for girls 12-18 who are pregnant or parenting firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-643-6522
- EPA Citizens Guide to Radon
- IDPH Radon information, testing, fixing and finding a certified contractor
- Free Radon kits are available at this office (when available) and many other public or environmental health offices in each county. When free ones are not availble cost is only $5.
You Can Quit. We'll Teach You How.
When you join our FREE program we'll help you create an easy-to-follow Quitting Plan that will show you how to get ready, take action and then live the rest of your life as a non-smoker.There is no cost to enroll for eligible participants.
Quitting tobacco is the best thing you can do for your health, but we'll never pressure you to quit before you're ready. Using proven techniques developed and tested over the past 25 years, we've helped hundreds of thousands of people successfully quit tobacco. Let us help you too. Enrollment in Quitline Iowa now offers eight weeks of free NRT .The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH) offers eight weeks of free nicotine replacement program (NRT) for Iowans who enroll in Quitline Iowa. For more information go to www.quitlineiowa.org or call 1-800-784-8669.
- The Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) app gives information on screening, risk, health and treatment options relating to subtance abuse. Free on google play and iTunes Store. For more information visit this site.
- Shuttle Service to Iowa City Hospitals Call 641-423-2262
- Iowa Cares-new TransitCare program for transportation to medical appointments and pharmacy visits
- Transportation Services
- Iowa Association of Regional Councils-State-wide Mobility Manager Angie O'Brien 515-451-3383
- Medicaid non-emergency transportation program 866-572-7662 for a ride!
BACK TO TOP
Those with an * accept Title XIX patients
- Central Iowa Eye Care 515-576-1261*
- Carroll Eye Care Associates 712-792-9687*
- Dr. Jeffrey Foreman 515-955-7777*
- Dr. Richard Jacobson 515-573-1145*
- Dr. Terry Moehnke 515-955-6720*
- Rock-Judisch Vision Clinic -712-464-3136*
- Sinek Vision Clinic - Manson 712-469-2592*
- Sinek Vision Clinic - Rockwell City712-297-8607*
- Wolfe Family Vision Clinic -712-662-7777*
- Wolfe Eye Clinic 515-576-7777*
- Iowa Department for the Blind
WAIVER SERVICES- See Disability Resources
- View a powerpoint of stretching and exercises that can be done at home! Click here to view!
Back to Top
Iowa Department of Public Health Directory